If you're reading this, it means that you are a member of the CJSR News Department's team of rad-awesome-producers. If you're not a member of that team, and you're still reading this, your computer will self-destruct in 5...4...3...2...1.
Okay, on to the business at hand. This page will give you all the information you need to get on your way to building your blog, uploading to CJSR's SoundCloud account and linking that audio to your blog on this site. This page also has links to production and training guides. So read on, there's plenty of useful information ahead...
First off! CSJR has a SoundCloud Pro Account. It's pretty great because it allows us to upload all of the great radio that we produce every week, so that we can not only archive it, but share it with the world on-demand. But with great power comes great responsibility. That responsibility comes in the form of spending the time to upload and maintain our SoundCloud account. And for the time being, I need all of our producers to pitch in a little bit over the next little while to help upload and archive your past shows to Soundcloud so that they can go on this website! So here is a step by step guide to how you can help:
Step One: Talk to Matt, and see where you can get your hands on some sweet, sweet archives for your show. He already has a tonne of stuff archived for you already, and if he doesn't he can point you in the right direction.
Step Two: Log in to Soundcloud
- Visit Soundcloud.com
- Log in. The username is email@example.com. The password is 2374rk
- Near the top right corner you'll see an upload button. Click it.
- On the next page click the button that says 'Choose File'
- Find the file that you want to upload from the aforementioned files that Matt will provide you. Choose it.
- As the file uploads onto SoundCould, fill out the fields as accurately as possible. Make sure that you have a description for the show as well. 2-3 sentences should do it. Matt will should have already provided you with the file for the image square.
- Wait for the file to upload, and transcode.
- Click Save.
Step 3: Repeat step two for the other shows that you want to upload.
Step 4: Revel in your greatness!
Step 5: Log on to Squarespace
- The username is firstname.lastname@example.org, the password is 2374rk
- On the right hand navigation panel, click 'Home'
- On the top left side click on 'Add Post' — a new screen will appear.
- Copy and paste the text from the Soundcloud abstract into the text block
- Click the '+' button on the bottom right hand corner
- Click 'Embed'
- Copy and paste the Soundcloud url connected to your audio into the blank field!
- Title your post.
- Click on 'Draft', change it to 'Needs Review'
- Click 'Save' NOT 'Save and Publish'
- Repeat the process for your own blog by clicking on your program on the right hand navigation panel.
- Email email@example.com and tell Matt that the posts are ready for publishing.